A Guide to the Military Bases and Forts in Salisbury, MD
If you’re looking to get a taste of military life or want to see some of the history and traditions of the US Armed Forces, then a visit to one of these bases is a must. More can be found here.
Here’s a guide to Salisbury, MD, military bases, and forts.
Aberdeen Proving Ground
Aberdeen Proving Ground is the US Army’s oldest active proving ground. It was established in 1917 to test new weapons and ammunition for the Army. Today, the base is still responsible for developing and testing new weapons and equipment for the Army. The base is open to the public for tours. Visitors can see how the Army tests new weapons and learn about the base’s history. A museum on site also showcases the history of the Army’s weapons development. Learn more about The Best Wineries in Salisbury, MD.
Heights Air National Guard Base
The Heights Air National Guard Base is home to the Maryland Air National Guard’s 125th Fighter Wing. The 125th Fighter Wing is made up of the Black Widows fighter squadron.
The Black Widows are a world-renowned fighter squadron. They have been featured in movies and television shows, and their pilots are some of the best in the world.
The base is open to the public for tours. Visitors can see the Black Widows’ hangar and watch the pilots train. There is also a museum on site that showcases the history of the Air National Guard.
Top Areas & Neighborhoods
- Princess Anne MD Real Estate 70
- Salisbury MD Real Estate 271
- Fenwick Island DE Real Estate 9
- Delmar DE Real Estate 35
- Ocean City MD Real Estate 227
- Berlin MD Real Estate 114
- Ocean Pines MD Real Estate 20
- Fruitland MD Real Estate 31
- Millsboro DE Real Estate 252
- Bethany Beach DE Real Estate 39
- Lewes DE Real Estate 326
- Delmar MD Real Estate 30
- Rehoboth Beach DE Real Estate 132
- Dewey Beach DE Real Estate 11
- Seaford DE Real Estate 78
- Pittsville MD Real Estate 9
- Laurel DE Real Estate 53