A Tour of Poplar Hill Mansion: Salisbury, MD’s Premier Historic Site
Poplar Hill Mansion is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Salisbury, MD. This historical site has been beautifully preserved and offers visitors a glimpse into life in the 1800s. If you’re looking for an exciting and educational day trip, add Poplar Hill Mansion to your list. Information can be found here.
Poplar Hill Mansion was built in 1825 by Dr. John Stevenson and his wife, Ann. The Stevensons were a wealthy and influential family in Salisbury, and their home reflected their status. Poplar Hill Mansion is a fine example of Federal architecture, one of the best-preserved homes from this period in Maryland. See here for information about A Tour of the Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art: A Must-See Attraction in Maryland.
The mansion has been open to the public since the 1960s, and it offers a variety of tours throughout the year. Visitors can explore the first and second floors of the house, which are furnished with period furniture and artifacts. There are also rotating exhibits in the mansion’s carriage house that showcase local history or art. Poplar Hill Mansion is a great place to learn about Salisbury’s past, and it’s also a beautiful setting for a day trip. Add Poplar Hill Mansion to your list of must-see attractions in Salisbury, MD!
Top Areas & Neighborhoods
- Delmar MD Real Estate 30
- Rehoboth Beach DE Real Estate 132
- Dewey Beach DE Real Estate 11
- Seaford DE Real Estate 77
- Pittsville MD Real Estate 7
- Laurel DE Real Estate 57
- Princess Anne MD Real Estate 77
- Salisbury MD Real Estate 277
- Fenwick Island DE Real Estate 9
- Delmar DE Real Estate 29
- Ocean City MD Real Estate 197
- Berlin MD Real Estate 103
- Ocean Pines MD Real Estate 19
- Fruitland MD Real Estate 24
- Millsboro DE Real Estate 237
- Bethany Beach DE Real Estate 49
- Lewes DE Real Estate 314