Looking for a Brand New Construction home on the Eastern Shore?? Look no further!!
Imagine living in a beautiful home where everything is sparkling new. Your appliances, cabinetry, flooring, and windows will reflect the latest styles––and will serve you trouble-free for years to come. Your home’s smart technology will be green, convenient, and efficient. You’ll enjoy your home from day one, facing none of the remodeling chores that often challenge buyers of older homes.
Getting Started: Your Shortcut to a Sparkling New Home
Rather than wander around the Delmarva Peninsula looking for new neighborhoods that may or may not suit you, come talk to me at the Maryland and Delaware Group of Long & Foster. I’ll ask about your preferences and budget, and then I’ll save you time by introducing you to the houses and neighborhoods that are most likely to please you and your family. (And we’ll take care not to overlook any promising neighborhoods that you might have missed by searching on your own.) At the Maryland and Delaware Group, we know Delmarva’s best new neighbor-hoods, and we go “above and beyond” to make the buying process pleasant and efficient.
Choose Newly Finished, Nearly Finished, or Not-Yet-Built
Need to move quickly? We can visit some beautiful homes that are ready for occupancy. Able to wait awhile? I’ll introduce you to some terrific houses that are partially built and still able to accommodate your preferences in such things as flooring, appliances, cabinetry, and paint colors. Or, if your dream is to purchase a vacant lot and watch your new home take shape from the ground up, I can find you a lot-and-home package that will allow you to either customize a builder-designed home or start from scratch with a design that is all your own.
The Best Builders
The Maryland and Delaware Group is by far the most successful real-estate team on Delmarva. (In a listing published last year in the Wall Street Journal, we were No. 218 in the entire nation!) Because we’re so active in the market, we know good value, promising areas, and reliable builders when we see them.
Two local builders whom we respect and recommend are Malone Homes, building primarily in Maryland, and Insight Homes, now offering houses in over 20 subdivisions in southern Delaware.
Malone’s new neighborhoods include . . .
• Country Grove, in Delmar, Delaware, offering rancher and two-story single-family houses with three and four bedrooms. Priced from $212,900. Low taxes and award-winning schools.
• Deer Creek, selling quickly in Pittsville, Md., 20 miles west of Ocean City, featuring large three- and four-bedroom single-family houses on spacious one- acre+ lots. Priced from $290,200.
• Sandywood Estates, just 25 miles west of Ocean City, near Parsonsburg, Md., offering medium-sized and large homes on tree-trimmed lots.
• Oxford Landing, coming soon to Salisbury. Large lots in a country setting.
Insight’s new subdivisions include . . .
• Summercrest, near the ocean in beautiful Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. Single- family homes ideal for year-round or seasonal living. Enjoy a club house, exercise room, pool, and tennis courts. A 50+ community. Prices from the mid $310’s.
• Deep Creek, near Seaford, Delaware, featuring energy-efficient single-family homes on half-acre lots. Three- and four-bedroom houses range in size from 1,200 to 3,100 sq. ft. Priced from $200,500.
• The Woods at Stonewater, near Millsboro, Delaware, featuring attractive single-family houses in a tranquil setting. Residents enjoy large lots, a club house, a fitness center, a community pool, and and tennis courts. A short drive to beautiful Delaware beaches. Priced from the mid $240’s.
Own a New Home for Close to What You Pay in Rent
“Really?” you ask. “I could buy a brand-new house for about what I pay in rent?”
Yep. I see it all the time, and I only wish that more people understood that buying is a real possibility for renters with good credit. Let’s go through some numbers:
Suppose you were to purchase one of Malone’s new homes in Country Grove for $212,900 plus about $4,000 in closing costs. (These include certain taxes and legal fees.) Now, let’s imagine that you secured a 30-year, fixed-rate loan at 3.9% and made a down payment of just $5,000. (I can tell you about government loan programs that require little or no down payment.) Your monthly principal-and-interest payment would total $999.46. Next, add your monthly escrow amount for insurance and property tax. We’ll estimate an additional $145. So your total monthly payment would equal $1,144.96 for a brand-new 1,600-sq.-ft. house. Now consider your current rent payment and square footage. Do you see that moving up to a new house is a real possibility and makes much more sense than continuing to rent? (Keep this in mind, also: When you pay a mortgage on a house, part of what you pay reduces what you owe and increases your level of investment [called equity]. Therefore, each time you make a payment to your lender, you are, to some extent, also paying yourself.)
The First Step Is to Talk
Give me a few minutes of phone time. You can tell me what kind of home you’d like and where on Delmarva you might like to live. If you’ve been paying your rent responsibly, there’s a very good chance that I can help you find an eager lender. Now isn’t that worth a brief, initial phone call?
Also . . . if I become your agent and help you purchase, you’ll pay nothing for my services. The seller will pay my commission (just another pleasant fact that you might not have known). So let’s begin with a quick phone call. I look forward to helping you achieve your dream of home ownership.
The Maryland and Delaware Group of Long & Foster
Long & Foster Office: 410-546-3211
1405 S. Salisbury Blvd., Salisbury, Md.