Berlin Living in Berlin: Real Estate, Amenities and Lifestyle
Welcome to Berlin
Berlin is in every way a small town from population to attitude, this is a place where everyone knows your name and the community takes care of each other. Recently named, America’s Coolest Small Town of 2014 by Budget Travel, Berlin is located in Worcester county and dates back to 1868. Berlin is a beautiful town that has much to offer its residents, especially in the revitalized downtown area.Berlin Homes for Sale See All Berlin Listings
Berlin’s Real Estate Market
One of the things this town is known for is their beautiful Victorian homes which attract everyone from permanent residents to movie producers for Hollywood films. While you will find more traditional and modern homes, you can find many Victorian style homes as well. The housing options here range from smaller single family homes to larger contemporary homes right on the water. You really have a nice variety in view when finding the right home in Berlin.
If you do not have a vehicle or choose to take a more economical way to get around, there are a few options. There is a Greyhound bus location in Ocean City which is only 10 minutes from Berlin as well as an Amtrak location. If need be, there are several taxi services available.
The schools in Berlin are rated very highly on a national scale. They take the education of their children very seriously and there is a high rate of parent interaction making for a great educational atmosphere. A few of Berlin’s schools are listed below:
- Showell Elementary|Grades Pre-K- 3
- Berlin Intermediate|Grades 4-6
- Stephen Decatur Middle|Grades 6-8
- Stephen Decatur High|Grades 9-12
You’ll Enjoy: Quaint Downtowns and Proximity to the Beach
There are many places and activities to enjoy when you are in Berlin. Many people love the huge arts district as well as the 15 minute drive to the beach. You can find many different fine art galleries, co-ops, studios and more. There is also a huge market for antiques in this town which is why you will find many antique shops in downtown Berlin. There are 47 historic structures in all throughout town making it a haven for history buffs. You can learn and glimpse a piece of history. If you are looking for something a little more entertaining there are a few other options you can choose from including:
- Globe Theater: At the theater you can enjoy live music and concerts as well as comedians and plays. There is always a show that can be found here. There is a restaurant here where you can sip, snack and enjoy the show. There is even an art gallery and lounge where you can have a drink and enjoy the art of local artists.
- Burley Oak Brewery: Burley Oak is a nationally acclaimed craft brewery which exalts the local beer industry. They strive to provide brews made from locally grown grains and ingredients served up in their taproom. Check their website out for upcoming events and a full beer list.
- Atlantic Hotel: Recently renovated, the Atlantic Hotel has so much to offer in terms of historic charm, fantastic food and a location central to everything that downtown Berlin has to offer. In operation since 1895, this hotel is a popular wedding venue or place to enjoy lunch.
- Burley Inn Tavern: This local spot is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with great drink options. A casual place to grab a drink and hang out with friends, the Burley Inn is a must on our downtown list of places to go.
- Blacksmith Restaurant: Blacksmith Bar and Restaurant strives to provide seasonal and homemade meals with regional flair. A local favorite, this restaurant is a real treat with fantastic food and hand-crafted cocktails.
- Town of Berlin | Electricity
- Town of Berlin | Water Services
- Comcast | Cable, Internet and Phone Services
In this town you will find the people to be friendly and laid back. Since the town is very art oriented you will find that this is a major topic of conversation. There is also a lot of history in this town and people of the town enjoy visiting the many historic sites here. However, this is also a very diverse town, especially considering their low population, so you can find many different activities to fit your needs.
Another big event in Berlin is the Farmer’s Market. You can purchase fresh produce here every Friday and it is located behind the Berlin Fire Company. You can also visit Main Street on the 2nd Friday of the month to enjoy fun events. People here gather for music and entertainment. There are vendors selling items and plenty of opportunities to meet new people.
There are many jobs in the Berlin area. In town a large amount of people are employed at the casino or in the arts in some form or fashion. However, the nice thing is that it is not far from many larger towns so the option is always open to enjoy the small town lifestyle, but commute to a larger city for work.
Why Live Here
This is one of the most interesting small towns in the country as it offers all the appeal of a small town with the arts and culture you would find in a large town. It is right on the water and close to many larger cities so there is never a lack of things to do here. Overall people in this town love where they live and stay here for many years and even generations.Berlin, MD Homes For Sale
- None Available 17534
- Baltimore City 345
- Fishtown 253
- Point Breeze 244
- 000 207
- Rittenhouse Square 202
- Columbia Heights 153
- None Available 148
- Brewerytown 146
- Canton 145
- Kensington 139
- Port Richmond 126
- Peninsula 124
- Not On List 118
- Federal Hill 112
- Northern Liberties 112
- Graduate Hospital 109
- Somerset West Of Rt-13 (20-01) 109
- Passyunk Square 103
- 19133 (19133) 102