Steeplechase Living in Steeplechase: Real Estate, Amenities and Lifestyle
Steeplechase Real Estate
Robert Messick designed this community to showcase the quality homes built with expert craftsmanship seated upon well-manicured lawns and surrounded by beautiful common areas. The trademark for this neighborhood is brickfront homes with interiors filled with top of the line appliances and high end updates such as designer cabinetry, expansive master retreats, ample storage space and gourmet kitchens.
Community amenities such as a private pool, clubhouse, tennis courts and playgrounds are conducive to the family atmosphere here. To continue this theme, the neighborhood is within walking distance to Pemberton Historic Park which has walking and bike trails along with year-round family friendly events for all ages.
Distinguished Schools Near Steeplechase
Westside Intermediate School | Grades 2-5
Salisbury Middle School | Grades 6-8
Wicomico High School | Grades 9-12
The schools near Steeplechase are renowned for encouraging academic excellence and parental involvement. Parents residing in Steeplechase can expect their children to receive a quality education from their very first steps to their last graduation day. Teacher to student ratios are balanced also which helps ensure no student gets left behind or lost in the coursework.
The University of Maryland was recently rewarded with a STARS Gold Rating for outstanding performance in developing innovative approaches to fostering a greener campus. The achievement bestowed by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education or (AASHE) is a testament to Maryland’s dedication to preserving and improving the environment on a local level.Search All Steeplechase Homes for Sale
You’ll Enjoy: Historic Sites, Nature Parks and Delicious Food
- Pemberton Historical Park: Visit Pemberton Historical Park with friends or family to really get a sense of what this gorgeous region of Maryland has to offer. For those who love the great outdoors, Pemberton Historical Park offers nearly 5 miles of scenic hiking trails through wetlands, meadows and incredible forests. The park itself sprawls over 260 acres of incredible landscape and is the perfect place to have a picnic or simply take an afternoon stroll.
- The kids will love Summer Nature Camp. Children can learn all about fishing, go on exciting field trips and participate in fun, instructional games with their peers.
- Pemberton Hall, constructed in 1741, is a monument to its time and serves as a historical center in the park to this day. Visitors can take a tour of this recently restored building on Sundays between 1 and 4pm or call to make an appointment. Displays inside the hall offer visitors with a unique insight into the history and culture of Wicomico County.
- Poplar Hill Mansion: The oldest home in Salisbury, Poplar Hill Mansion, is an amazing estate well worth visiting. The Poplar Hill Mansion stands just as it did over 200 years ago with much of its original neoclassical woodwork still in tact. This mansion is an architectural beauty and many have chosen to reserve the Poplar Hill Mansion for weddings or other special ceremonies. Visitors are welcome between 1 and 4pm on the first or third Sunday of every month. Private tours can also be arranged by appointment over the phone.
- Salisbury Zoological Park: Residents of Steeplechase are just a short drive away from the Salisbury Zoological Park, one of the coolest places to spend an afternoon with the family. See ocelots, bears, wolves, flamingos, alligators and monkeys along with all your favorite zoo animals. Visit any day of the week between 9am and 4:30pm to see up close some of the world’s most amazing creatures. Story time, held every Tuesday between 10 and 11am, is perfect for the little ones.
- A Wildlife Encounter Classroom Program is perfect for school field trips or to help anyone interested in broadening their knowledge of nature. Gain insights into the lives, diets and habitats of your favorite animals while also learning more about the importance of respecting the environment.
- Market Street Inn: Originally built in 1941, Market Street Inn was a waterfront fish market named Walston’s Seafood. 30 years later, Market Street Inn has become one of the most popular restaurants in the Steeplechase / Salisbury area. For the best seafood in town, visit Market Street Inn to sample some amazing dishes and drinks.
- Try a bowl of their delicious spicy Jambalaya or the mouth watering shrimp tejano served with seasoned pita chips. An extensive menu of signature salads is also available including items like the tropical salmon salad, classic Caesar or garden salad served with your choice of additional toppings.
- Don’t forget to try one of the many unique “marketinis” as well. The cold cocoa martini is a popular drink, made with Smirnoff whipped vodka, Godiva chocolate, milk and stoli chocolate coconut.
The Lifestyle: Relaxed, Easy Living
Steeplechase’s short distance from Salisbury minimizes traffic, noise, pollution and many of the other annoyances associated with city life. The pristine natural surroundings found throughout this area of Maryland provides homeowners with an inspiring environment to call home. The tranquil ambiance of neighborhoods like Steeplechase is difficult to find elsewhere.
The Workforce: Careers near Steeplechase, MD
Jobs in everything from managerial work to businesses are available in the Steeplechase area. Verizon, Pepsi Bottling of Delmarva and the Peninsula Regional Medical Center are three of the bigger employers in the area.
Several staffing agencies are located in Salisbury to help individuals find the work that best suits their experience and skill set. These agencies include Eastern Shore Jobs, Manpower and Labor Ready just to name a few.
Why Live Here: Serene Surroundings and Peace of Mind
Steeplechase’s perfect location, inclusive community and beautiful environment can make anyone want to call this slice of heaven home. The busy city life seems a world away from Steeplechase, making this area ideal for raising a family, retiring or to simply enjoy a quiet sunset after a long day of work.
- None Available 14491
- Baltimore City 282
- Point Breeze 208
- Fishtown 201
- Rittenhouse Square 162
- 000 146
- None Available 144
- Brewerytown 138
- Columbia Heights 132
- Kensington 107
- Somerset West Of Rt-13 (20-01) 103
- Canton 102
- 19121 (19121) 101
- Not On List 99
- Port Richmond 98
- Federal Hill 94
- Baltimore 94
- Northern Liberties 92
- Lakewood 92
- 19132 (19132) 89