ABOUT THE VILLAGE DOWN RIVER
The Village Down River is an upscale, gated waterfront community, in Salisbury, Maryland, located on the Wicomico River. Our lower cost of land & living create a unique opportunity for buyers looking to build their future retirement home to stretch their dollars while still enjoying a luxurious standard of living or young families wanting to build their dream home. Build your future in a peaceful setting, & experience a pleasant way of life at the water’s edge!
The Village Down River Lots and Lot/Homes Packages For Sale
A Waterfront Community
- A renovated historical circa 1820 community building, with a welcoming front porch, for community activities and gatherings.
- A Green Community offering over 100 acres of open space set aside for recreation and the peaceful enjoyment of the homeowners.
- Private gated entrance offers additional security and safety.
- A quarter mile of lighted community pier and boardwalks with comfortable bench seating. The piers great expanse offers the community homeowners a place for private family gatherings, community socials, strolling, taking in some sunshine, enjoying the passing of river traffic, and, of course, those beautiful sunsets.
- A canoe and kayak floating dock launch is available from the private pier. Once launched, you can enjoy miles of river trails in the Wicomico, Saber and White’s Creek.
- A fishing pier.
- A wildlife sanctuary has been created following Audubon guidelines for habitat creation. Over 150 species of songbirds, shorebirds, and waterfowl make their seasonal homes here.
- A private children’s play area.
- Private lighted streets with no thru traffic and safe pedestrian walking neighborhood.
- 10 minute boat ride to Green Hill Country Club from our docks offers golfing, pool, tennis and fine dinning or parts of Salisbury, Md.
- Rural living in this secluded enclave is just a few minutes from downtown Salisbury, known as the “Crossroads of Delmarva.”
- Less than 4 miles from Salisbury University, a highly respected regional institution offering many graduate programs as well As Wor-Wic Community College.
- Within 5 miles of Peninsula Regional Medical Center, a regional class one trauma center and emergency services.
- 10 miles from the Salisbury Wicomico Airport, the second largest airport in Maryland.
- Half an hour from the Atlantic Ocean and the resort town of Ocean City, Md. or Virginia’s Eastern Shore.
- Half an hour boat ride to the Chesapeake Bay.
- No city taxes
- Fruitland school district.
- Lower hazard insurance rates.
SECURE YOUR DREAM HOME NOW!
- Property values historically appreciate quicker in new and unique neighborhoods
- 10% down, lot financing available with up to a 10 year amortization
- Buy now, build later: no builder tie in or deadline to build.
- Home site maintained by developer until construction, and owners can access all amenities including boat slips and 1/4 mile of boardwalks
- Deeded ownership to home site includes ownership in all common areas and 100 acres of open space
- Some select lots include a boat slip
The Maryland and Delaware Group of Long & Foster Real Estate
107 Williamsport Circle, Salisbury, Maryland 21804
Top Areas & Neighborhoods
- Shadow Hills Neighborhood 0
- Salisbury 257
- Eastfields 8
- Delmar 81
- The Village Down River 0
- Ocean City 316
- Saint Michaels 24
- Berlin 103
- Nithsdale 22
- Nutters Crossing 1
- Steeplechase 1
- Waterfront 456
- Ocean Pines 25
- West Nithsdale 21
- Country Grove 4
- Sleepy Hollow 3
- Olde Town 0
- Kensington Woods 1
- GlenRiddle 8